20 Things to Do in Mission Beach, San Diego
Going to San Diego? You’ll want to check out Mission Beach. With a beautiful stretch of oceanfront boardwalk, this area provides ample activities for everyone, whether you’re looking for family fun or exciting nightlife.
Here are 20 things to do in Mission Beach.
- Relax on the beach. Obviously, this has to be on the list. There’s more than a mile of beautiful sand and ocean views to enjoy.
- Take a dip in the ocean. The water’s perfect, and Mission Beach has permanent lifeguard stations.
- Learn to surf. Mission Beach offers low-level difficulty surfing that RootsRated says is perfect for beginning and intermediate surfers. You can take lessons at the Mission Beach Surfing School.
- Check out Bellmont Park. This amusement park has rides, games, shops, restaurants and more.
- Ride the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster. Located in Bellmont Park, this wooden roller coaster has been thrilling visitors since 1925.
- Go ziplining. Also available at Bellmont Park, this is definitely one of the more exciting ways to take in the views.
- Experience a movie in seven dimensions. The Xanadu Theater provides an immersive experience that’s a cross between a movie and a game.
- Relax at the Catamaran Spa. Get a massage, do yoga or treat yourself to any of the other relaxing services at this spa.
- Play beach volleyball. You can find a game or tournament through Beach Volleyball World.
- Go on a bike ride. A bike ride is a great way to see the coast. Don’t worry if you didn’t bring a bicycle. You can rent one at Mission Beach Rentals, along with bodyboards, skates, scooters and other items.
- Fly with a jetpack. Seriously – it’s not science fiction. You can rent a jetpack through Jetpack America, located in the Mission Bay Sportcenter.
- Try to escape. No, you won’t want to escape Mission Beach, but you can have fun trying to get out of one of the escape rooms at Quicksand Escape Games.
- Play golf. If you can’t make time during the day, you can even play at night – the Mission Bay Golf Course golf course has night lighting.
- Kick back at the Barefoot Bar & Grill. This restaurant offers delicious food, a laidback atmosphere and stunning views.
- Drink and dance at the Beachcomber. This beach bar has a dance floor, and weekly events include karaoke, bingo and trivia.
- Get a burger at the Guava Beach Bar & Grill. It’s also a great place to catch up on your favorite sports.
- Sip drinks at Miss B’s Coconut Club. In addition to the tempting tropical cocktails, this place also has mouthwatering food.
- Go to SeaWorld. In addition to marine animals – like otters, dolphins and sea lions – this famous attraction has rides and shows.
- Head to Fiesta Island Park. This island is a great spot for water sports, bonfires, picnics and more.
- Go on a sailing adventure with Gone Sailing Charters. Experience the ocean in the best way possible – from a luxurious yacht. You’ll enjoy the views, sip drinks and maybe even spot whales.